- Buy 5 for $160.00 each and save 11%
- Buy 10 for $140.00 each and save 22%
SNAP-8 200mg Cosmetic Peptide
Molecular formula: C41H70N16O16S
Molecular weight: 1075.16
SNAP-8 is a mimic of the N-terminal end of SNAP-25 which competes with SNAP-25 for a position in the SNARE complex, thereby modulating its formation. If the SNARE complex is slightly destabilized, the vesicle can not release neurotransmitters efficiently and therefore muscle contraction is attenuated, preventing the formation of lines and wrinkles
The Benefits of SNAP-8
- Reduces the depth of wrinkles on the face caused by the contraction of muscles of facial expression, especially in the forehead and around the eyes.
- A safer, cheaper, and milder alternative to Botulinum Toxin, topically targeting the same wrinkle-formation mechanism in a very different way.
- Has been incorporated in cosmetic formulations such as emulsions, gels, sera, etc., where removal of the deep lines or wrinkles in the forehead or around the eyes area is desired.
INCI name: Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1
Contents: 0.05 % SNAP-8 Powder
The synthesis of SNAP-8 involves a final freeze-drying step. Freeze-dried products are commonly obtained as a polymorphous crystalline powder, which means that locally some aggregates and differences in crystal size may appear. This polymorphism is not associated to chemical differences and extensive work performed by the analytical department has ensured the homogeneity of the product. SNAP-8 is presented either as SNAP-8 Powder, an octapeptide in powder form which can be easily dissolved in water, or as SNAP-8 Solution, an aqueous solution containing 0.5 g/L of the powder version. It can be incorporated at the final stage of the manufacturing product, provided the temperature is below 40 degrees Celsius. Taking into consideration the concentration of peptide in SNAP-8 Solution, it is recommended that 3 to 10% of the solution is present in the final formulation in order to obtain significant anti-wrinkle activity.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
SNAP-8 Powder and SNAP-8 Solution must be kept in a cool, dark and clean place to ensure a shelf life of at least twelve months. For long term storage it is recommended to store both forms at 4 ºC which extends shelf life to at least eighteen months. In rare cases, refrigerated storage of SNAP-8 Solution can cause precipitation of the preservative. This does not affect the integrity of the product.